Monday, August 22, 2011

Demons of the Ocean FAN INTERVIEW

In addition to my review of Demons of the Ocean have a FAN INTERVIEW with one of the most dedicated Vampirates fans I know, Mette! (Warning: possible spoilers, and while doing this interview she was under the heavy influence of Lorcan. Which you can probably tell.)


She would be the one on the left

So first of all, you recommended this to me and pretty much any other fantasy lover. Why? What makes it so good?

I just thought it was good and that people should share the greatness that is this series! The story is very original, and Lorcan, you know, he's the overprotective type and just a perfect person! Also furthermore, we have all these small details that makes the story come to life.
The most captivating part (of book one, not the whole series) is the end of the book where Lorcans sight goes all blurry which is all I can say, if you haven't read the book!

Who is your favourite character? (Lorcan is obviously not an acceptable answer, as he is the most perfect darling ever created in the mind of man. Obviously.)

Darcy Flotsam, the figurehead by day and vampire by night, and the Captain.
But I like Grace even more, cause when she's around Lorcan's happy, and when Lorcan's happy I'm happy!
As you said in your review, I too tended to skim the parts about Connor because... Agh, well Grace and Lorcan!!! That says everything, right?

Why did you pick it up in the first place?

Because I saw it randomly at the library. Naturally, it became my new best friend. Vampires and pirates? Doesn't get much better! Until, of course, I opened it up and inside found a picture of Lorcan.
(Blogger's note: Okay, I think it will be only appropriate to show you this Lorcan Furey-guy.)


Official art by Bob Lea


If there were no such thing as a Vampirate, which side would you choose: Vampire or pirate?

Lorcan!
(Bloggers note: YOU CAN'T CHOOSE LORCAN GODDAMNIT)
Oh. Well then,
Vampires. Cause Lorcan's a vamp.
(Bloggers note: he's also a pira-- Nevermind.)

What is one thing you can relate to?

I havnt experienced any of this so I can't really relate, haha. But I've always had someone who was there for me and intended to protect me. You've always got love, right? The protectiveness Lorcan shows toward Grace - I've always been surrounded by that, luckily. Not in so extreme manners, of course.

Is there a specific song that reminds you of this series?


The shanty:
I'll tell you a tale of Vampirates,
A tale as old as true.
Yea, I'll sing you a song of an ancient ship,
And its mighty fearsome crew.
Yea, I'll sing you a song of an ancient ship,
That sales the ocean blue...
That haunts the ocean blue.


The vampirate ship has tattered sales
That flap like wings in flight.
They say the captain, he wears a veil
So as to curtail your fright.
At his death-pale skin
And his lifeless eyes
And his teeth as sharp as night.
Oh, they say the captain, he wears a veil,
And his eyes never see the light.
His eyes never the light.


You'd better be good, child- good as gold.
As good as good can be.
Else I'll turn you into the vampirates,
And wave you out to sea.
Yes, you'd better be good, child-good as gold,
Because- look! Can you see?
There's a dark ship in the harbor tonight
And there's room in the hold for thee!
(Plenty of room for thee!)


Well, if pirates are bad,
And vampires are worse,
Then I pray that as long as I can be
That though I sing of vampirates
I never shall see one.
Yes, if pirates are danger,
and vampires are death,
I'll extend my prayer for thee-
That thine eyes never see a vampirate.


...and they never lay a hand on thee.


But not really though, cause it's from the books. Anyway, I know that song like the back of my hand and you'll often hear me mumbling the words when I think no-one's listening. I really look forward to the day I have a melody to go with it.

Anything else you'd like to add?

It should be made a law that EVERY MAN, WOMAN AND CHILD should read this book, and that everyone with a Twitter account should go follow @JustinSomper
, the author. Thank you.


Aaaand with that, I'm off to read the rest of the series.
Frederikke (and Mette), out.

1 comment:

  1. Hej selv.
    Generelt er det stressende, fordi jeg lige er begyndt i tredje g, hvilket betyder at der ikke er ret meget tid til at læse overhovedet.

    Hvad er det for en kino.mail du taler om?

    braekingfree.dk/annenikoline

    ReplyDelete