Monday, October 31, 2011

Books I got... (3)



Welcome to Books I got... October Edition! This is my version of In My Mailbox, a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren.


Okay, well let's just say this has been a pretty good month when thinking in books.

I got my pre-ordered copy of Maureen Johnson's The Name of the Star (not signed, unfortunately!) 
Beginning's End by Andrew Dabb and Daniel Loflin illustrated by Diego Olmos. Because Supernatural. I need more SPN in my life. What's that? That's not possible? Oh, come on!
AND THEN I WON TWO FREAKING SIGNED COPIES of Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan via ShelfAwareness. And I only entered to win one. What is this sorcery... *O* I probably should be doing a giveaway... Hmm...





And then the local library decided that, what the fuck, why not sell all of our best books. So:

Part one of The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
The Tenth Power by Kate Constable. This is book three in its series and I already had no. 1 & 2. Read them when I was... 10? And I absolutely loved them. Time for a re-read, I say!
A Question of Blood by Ian Rankin because 1) Already read it. And it was good. 2) Scotland. 3) Gorgeous, gorgeous cover.
Priestess of the White by Trudi Canavan for this simple reason: her Black Magician Trilogy is, in my opinion, just as good as Harry Potter.


And, yes, I'm sorry for totally blacking out last week. I tried reading more than five books and ended up throwing them all away. Then I read Shadow Kiss and oh god.
Soooo, what did you get in your mailboxes?


Frederikke, out.

2 comments:

  1. Jeg kan godt stå inde for Priestess of the White, den er lidt tung, efter min mening, til tider, men det er altså noget interessant shit, Canavan har fat i! Interessant historie, har alle tre bøger og har læst 1½ af dem. (Sørgeligt, ja, men det er ikke, fordi bøgerne sucks!)

    Hmm.. Jeg har også kigget på den der Rankin bog et par gange. Den har et interessant cover, kan du give et resume af bogen? :P

    BTW Supernatural, har jeg ikke set ENDNU, jeg kommer nok til det engang. Forhåbentligt bliver det ikke all-religious, jeg er nemlig ikke så gode venner med religion. - Mener jeg læste, at der var en del af det med i serien, i hvert fald senere i forløbet?

    Du er et heldigt asen, der vinder bøger! (Og finder (presumably, billige?) bøger hos biblioteket!?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh great haul! Name of the Star is a fantastic book I hope you like it!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete