Friday, November 4, 2011

Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead




Title: Shadow Kiss
Author: Richelle Mead
Series: Vampire Academy #3
Publisher: Razorbill
Year: 2008
Read in: Danish
Where'd I get this copy: Library
Shadow Kiss on Goodreads.


Teaser (from Goodreads):

Is Rose's fate to kill the person she loves most? It's springtime at St. Vladimir's Academy, and Rose Hathaway is this close to graduation. Since Mason's death, Rose hasn't been feeling quite right. She has dark flashbacks in the middle of practice, can't concentrate in class, and has terrifying dreams about Lissa. But Rose has an even bigger secret .... She's in love with Dimitri. And this time, it's way more than a crush. Then Strigoi target the academy in the deadliest attack in Moroi history, and Dimitri is taken. Rose must protect Lissa at all costs, but keeping her best friend safe could mean losing Dimitri forever...

Thoughts:

These books definitely just get better and better. It shouldn't be possible and it almost isn't.

I was so glad that I never got bored with characters or plot like I momentarily got in Cassandra Clare's City of Bones.
I love Rose, Lissa, Dimitri, Christian, Adrian... I love all of them. Perfect non-human beings.
I like that Rose suddenly is so vulnerable and I think she was right in leaving Lissa and everyone else behind to finally do something for herself. But it's obvious that it won't go well, okay, I just think this would help her, you know, with all Lissa's despair and what not just being loaded onto Rose.

I've already begun reading Blood Oath which is the only book in the series that I own. The only downside to that is, that it's in German. OK, that's not necessarily a bad thing, but I've only had German for three years so 400+ pages is some mouthful. So far I've reached page 3, haha. :)

Such a perfect book. 8/10.


Frederikke, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment